I’ve had an iPhone for 6 months now and I thought it was about time I did a review of it and listed my top five iPhone applications. Admmitedly I haven’t spent much time browsing the App Store so I haven’t seen all of the most popular apps, however these apps have saved me loads of time and kept me up-to-date with events:
- iFooty – great app that helps you stay up-to-date with the latest football news and pulls in live match text from the BBC. Saves me loads of time checking the scores for the best team in the world!
- Remote – allows you to control your iTunes from your iPhone.
- Twitterific – Lets you post tweets/replies to Twitter and view your Twitter feed.
- Facebook for iPhone – allows you to use Facebook functionality on your iPhone. My favourite (and probably most over-used) feature is the photo uploader, which lets you take a photo and upload it “live” to Facebook.
- WordPress for iPhone – allows you to post to your WordPress blog using your iPhone.
Over the past six months the iPhone has both delighted and frustrated me. The iPhone is not a great phone. It does not let you send MMS (although some say that being able to send an email is just as good), you cannot forward text messages or contact information, the camera quality isn’t great and it does not do video recording. However the ability to install great apps which increase your productivity and keep you ahead of the game make it a great accessory to have.
Think I’ve been fair? What are your favourite apps? Let me know in the comments!